Sunday, July 3, 2011

O'Dowd Faked Dog Bites At Auditions

1 hour ago | WENN | See recent WENN news

Bridesmaids star Chris O'Dowd ensured his early auditions were memorable by pretending he had been attacked by a dog just before walking into his auditions.

The Irish actor admits he was overlooked by casting bosses at the start of his career until he developed his pooch ploy and became unforgettable.

He tells U.K. talk show host Graham Norton, "I wasn't a very natural casting for anything. I'd come out of drama school. Everybody comes out of drama school around the same time so London is suddenly scattered with thousands of actors. I asked a guy for advice and he said, 'You're going to go on loads of meetings with directors and producers. Make sure that they remember you.'

"I decided from there on in I was going to go into every meeting with a casting director or a producer and pretend that I had just been bitten by a dog. So I would be at the door, and I would (say), 'Oh f**k! Hey, I'm Chris! Did you see the Cocker Spaniel downstairs?' I would pretend I just got bitten. The story would get more and more complicated, like, 'He was holding a baby's rattle, I tried to pull it out! He looked so friendly but he bit me!'"

But O'Dowd admits he eventually had to give up his routine, adding, "I did this for four months in every meeting I went into until I went into one meeting and did it. They went, 'That's so weird because the last time you were here, you'd been bitten!'"

Report a problem


Sort: most recent first

Loading...


Similar News Items

Bridesmaids (2011)
Graham Norton
Chris O'Dowd

IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.

See our NewsDesk partners

Source: http://www.imdb.com/rg/rss/news/news/ni12420503/

Jules Asner Susan Ward Whitney Port Scarlett Johansson Georgina Grenville

No comments:

Post a Comment