Saturday, July 2, 2011

Emma Watson Covers Harper's Bazaar UK August 2011

Gracing the front page of numerous publications, Emma Watson adorns the cover of the August 2011 issue of Harper's Bazaar UK.

Set to hit newsstands on July 7th, the Hermione Granger actress posed in Emilio Pucci and Yves Saint Laurent for the Alexi Lubomirski shot spread while chatting with the magazine about fashion and getting "angry" while acting.

Highlights from Miss Watson's Harper's Bazaar UK interview are as follows:

On fashion: "It can be savage and cruel, in that it's prescriptive -- you have to look a certain way and fit a certain mould -- but also in the way it's made."

On visiting Dhaka for her People Tree clothing collection: "When I went out to Bangladesh, to a factory where the clothes are made [for mass-market labels], it was horrifying. There is a cost to cheap clothes -- if people could see the inhumane way they're made, they would never in a million years buy them..."

On bringing out anger while filming her roles: ??My acting tutor said the hardest thing for me was to get angry. I almost broke down in tears when they tried to get me to be angry. I said, ?I can?t do it, I just can?t do it.? I keep all of that really bottled up somewhere and I feel unleashing it would be the scariest thing ? and to let myself be powerful, sexy, all those things, it?s scary for me. [Even playing the bad girl in this shoot (for Perks of Being A Wallflower)] felt a bit uncomfortable and awkward, it didn?t come naturally at all."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/emma-watson/emma-watson-covers-harpers-bazaar-uk-august-2011-520487

Saira Mohan Amanda Detmer Jennifer Sky Lil Kim Jaime King

No comments:

Post a Comment